To view minimum and recommended system requirements, click here.
TaxSlayer Pro has been tested on and is supported to run on the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 11 with the latest updates
- Windows 10 with the latest updates (Microsoft retirement date: October 14, 2025)
- Windows Server 2019 with the latest updates
- Windows Server 2016 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends January 12, 2027)
- Windows Server 2012 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends October 10, 2023)
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported to run on:
- Apple macOS (can run in a Windows partition using Boot Camp or within Windows as an application using Parallels. See here for more information).
- Windows 11 S1
- Windows 10 S1
- Windows 10 Lean1
- Windows 8.1 (Microsoft extended support ended January 10, 2023)
- Windows 8 (Microsoft extended support ended January 12, 2016)
- Windows 7 (Microsoft extended support ended January 14, 2020)
- Windows Vista (Microsoft extended support ended April 11, 2017)
- Windows XP (Microsoft extended support ended April 8, 2014)
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT, ME, CE, 98, 95
- Windows Home Server 2011 (Microsoft extended support ended April 12, 2016)
- Windows Server 2008 (Microsoft extended support ended January 14, 2020)
- Windows Server 2003 (Microsoft extended support ended July 14, 2015)
- Windows Mobile, Windows 10 Mobile
- Chrome OS (Linux-based OS used on Chromebooks)
1 - When attempting to install TaxSlayer Pro in Windows 11 S, 10 S, or 10 Lean you will be greeted with a message from Microsoft:
Windows 11 S, Windows 10 S, and Windows 10 Lean are limited to running only applications available through the Microsoft Store. Windows 11 S or 10 S can be switched out of S mode to allow installation of TaxSlayer Pro (by selecting on-screen "Change my app recommendation settings"), but once switched out of S mode cannot be reverted back to S mode. Therefore, you need to carefully evaluate whether you wish to switch a PC from S mode to full Windows 10 or 11. See here for more information.
TaxSlayer Pro should not be installed on any computer with an operating system listed in the "is not supported" list above. Microsoft has ended all support for their Windows versions in this list, and therefore the security requirements and programming languages used to develop TaxSlayer Pro are no longer compatible with these Windows versions.
TaxSlayer Pro is not tested nor guaranteed to run properly in any type of virtual machine (including Parallels). We can only provide limited assistance with displays, printers, scanners, signature pads, and other issues that appear to be related to the virtual machine configuration or operation.