To view minimum and recommended system requirements, click here.
TaxSlayer Pro has been tested on and is supported to run on the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10 with the latest updates
- Windows 8.1 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends January 10, 2023)
- Windows Server 2019 with the latest updates
- Windows Server 2016 with the latest updates
- Windows Server 2012 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends October 10, 2023)
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported to run on:
- Apple macOS (can run in a Windows 10 Boot Camp partition)
- Windows 8 (Microsoft extended support ended January 12, 2016)
- Windows 7 (Microsoft extended support ended January 14, 2020)
- Windows Vista (Microsoft extended support ended April 11, 2017)
- Windows XP (Microsoft extended support ended April 8, 2014)
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT, ME, CE, 98, 95
- Windows Home Server 2011 (Microsoft extended support ended April 12, 2016)
- Windows Server 2008 (Microsoft extended support ended January 14, 2020)
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Mobile Operating Systems
- Windows 10 S1
- Windows 10 Lean1
1 - Windows 10 S and Windows 10 Lean are limited to running only applications available through the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 S can be switched out of S mode to allow installation of TaxSlayer Pro, but once switched out of S mode cannot be reverted back to S mode. Therefore, you need to carefully evaluate whether you wish to switch a PC from S mode to full Windows 10. See here for more information.
TaxSlayer Pro should not be installed on any computer with an operating system listed in the "is not supported" list above. Microsoft has ended all support for their operating systems in this list, and therefore the security requirements and/or programming languages used to develop TaxSlayer Pro are no longer compatible with these versions of Windows.
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported when running in a virtual machine.