With TaxSlayer ProWeb, you can capture electronic signatures that will print on the Forms 1040 and 8879, the IRC 7216 Consent to Use and Consent to Disclosure, and the Bank Application documents. This allows you to quickly get documents signed, either remotely or in your office.
The preparer's signature is entered in their Preparer Setup record in Configuration and once created will show on every tax return they prepare. To set up a preparer's signature, from the Welcome Page of your ProWeb office, select:
- Preparer Setup
- Locate the preparer and click Edit.
- Click Electronically Sign at the very bottom of the Preparer Setup menu
- The preparer should sign their name in the signature box using the signature pad or mouse, then click Save.
For a taxpayer's signature, you can either get the signature remotely via Taxes to Go or Customer Portal, or the taxpayer can sign in your office.
To have the taxpayer sign in your office within the return:
- Select E-File from the left-hand side
- On the E-File page, fill out all the necessary information including return type, fee amount, and state information.
- When finished, click Save at the bottom.
- On the Submission page in the Electronic Signature section click Sign next to the taxpayer.
- The taxpayer should sign their name in the signature box using the signature pad or mouse, then click Save.
To capture signatures with Taxes to Go or the Customer Portal, please refer to the articles below