If you don't see an acknowledgement for a return in TaxSlayer Pro, here are a few troubleshooting steps.
Check Client Status
First, check Client Status to ensure the transmission was successful and that the IRS acknowledged the return. Individual returns Client Status can be accessed by clicking its icon in the toolbar at the top of the program or by selecting Quick Menu option 5. For business returns, select View Entity Status in the Business menu.
In Client Status, locate the return and note the transmission date and processed date for the return.
Click here for more information about the Client Status menu in TaxSlayer Pro.
You can also check Client Status in your Account Hub. Checking here will show you the same information TaxSlayer Pro Support sees about the return's status. If you don't have an ack in the TaxSlayer Pro Client Status but one shows here, the ack may be awaiting your pickup.
Click here for more information about using Client Status in Account Hub.
Receive Acknowledgements Only
Once you've checked Client Status and are sure the IRS has acknowledged the transmission, try picking up the acknowledgement. To receive acknowledgements, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Receive Acknowledgements Only.
- Connect - any acknowledgements waiting to be picked up will be downloaded.
When you are finished receiving acknowledgements, navigate to:
- Print Reports
- Select any menu with double arrows next to it to print the acknowledgement(s)
Click here for more information about receiving acknowledgements.
If after Receiving Acknowledgements you are still unable to see an acknowledgement for your return, you will want to Rehang Acknowledgements. This process will send an acknowledgement back to you from TaxSlayer Pro.
To rehang one or more acknowledgements, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- E-file Utilities
- Request Acknowledgment Rehang
- Click the check box beside each type of acknowledgement to have rehung. (If uncertain, check them all.)
- To rehang acknowledgements for all returns transmitted within a date range, enter the starting and ending transmission dates.
- To select specific returns to rehang acknowledgements for, click the "More Options" drop down and change to "Rehang by Tax Id Number", then click the checkbox next to each return whose acks are to be rehung. Tip: The list is initially sorted by SSN. To sort by a different column, click the column header to sort the list by that column.
- When finished click Ok. Any acks that matched the selections will be rehung and are available for pickup. Repeat the Receive steps above.
Call TaxSlayer Pro Support
If you're still having trouble getting the acknowledgement for the return, please call TaxSlayer Pro at 706.868.0985 for further assistance.