Taxpayer Profiles can be set up and used when creating tax returns so that preparers can easily navigate through common forms used for a specific group of taxpayers. When setting up taxpayer profiles, you will select specific forms to be included in returns using the profile.
Adding a Taxpayer Profile
To add taxpayer profiles, from the Welcome page of TaxSlayer ProWeb:
- Click Configuration
- Click Taxpayer Profiles
- Type a name for the new taxpayer profile in the Profile Name box
- Select the most current tax year from the list. TaxSlayer ProWeb will offer the profile in all years when starting, not just the current year.
Adding and Sorting Forms
Any number of forms can be added to a taxpayer profile. To add a form to a profile:
- Begin typing a form name that you want to include in the Tax Form Lookup box
- Select the form from the list to add it
When all forms have been added, they can be sorted in any order by dragging each from to the appropriate location in the list:
When finished with a profile, click Save to save the new taxpayer profile.
Selecting a Taxpayer Profile for a New Return
A taxpayer profile is used when starting a new tax return. If a return is created without a taxpayer profile, it cannot be added afterwards.
To select a taxpayer profile when creating a tax return, from the Welcome page of TaxSlayer ProWeb select:
- Start New Tax Return
- Enter and confirm the taxpayer's SSN in the fields provided
- In the Available Taxpayer Profiles section, select the Taxpayer Profile that you want to use
- Select Start Return. As you navigate through the return, TaxSlayer ProWeb will
display the entry pages for the selected profile