Form 8805, Foreign Partner’s Information Statement of Section 1446 Withholding Tax is a source document showing a foreign partner's effectively connected taxable income (ECTI) and tax withheld. How it is entered in TaxSlayer Pro depends on the kind of return you are completing.
- Partnership return (Form 1065) - The information is entered in Form 8804, Annual Return for Partnership Withholding Tax (Section 1446). (If Form 8804 results in a balance due, the Form 8813 payment voucher will also be available for printing under the View Results menu.)
- Nonresident individual return (Form 1040-NR) - The information is entered in the Payments menu.
To complete Form 8804 in the partnership return in TaxSlayer Pro, from the Main Menu of the return select:
- Form 8804 - Annual Return for Section 1446 Withholding Tax
Note: The partnership must pay the withholding tax for a foreign partner even if it doesn't have a U.S. TIN for that partner.
Nonresident individual return
To enter Form 8805 in the nonresident individual tax return in TaxSlayer Pro, from the Main Menu of the tax return (Form 1040-NR) select:
- Payments, Estimates and EIC
- Other 1040NR Payment
- US Tax Withheld on Form(s) 8805 - Select New and enter the information on the form.
Note: The ECTI will need to be entered separately in the return where appropriate.