In TaxSlayer Pro, when attempting to send a client a copy of their return via Paper Cut you may receive an error message beginning "There was an error sending your email. Please try and send the email again."
Error related to e-mail configuration
There was an error sending your email. Please try and send the email again.
If the problem continues please contact technical support. Message: Email method is not
configured properly. Please verify that an appropriate email method has been configured.
As the error indicates, there is an error in the e-mail configuration. To fix the error, do the following steps:
1. Close Paper Cut.
2. From the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Configure Premium Options
- E-Mail Configuration Menu
3. Select E-Mail Method. Select "Indirect through TaxSlayer Pro" unless you know your own e-mail settings and wish to use SMTP. See the KB article here for more information about how to set up SMTP.
4. Select Your Email Address and enter your e-mail address. Before leaving the menu, reexamine it for accuracy.
Once e-mail has been configured, reopen Paper Cut and try resending the message again.
Error related to the PDF document
If you attempt to send a PDF that is also open in your PDF viewer (typically Acrobat Reader), you will receive this error:
There was an error sending your email. Please try and send
the email again.
If the problem continues please contact technical support.
Your PDF viewer has a lock on the document, so until that lock is released you won't be able to e-mail it.
The solution is to close it in the PDF viewer. The lock may not immediately go away, so you may have to close and reopen Paper Cut or close and reopen the program.