When configuring Paper Cut e-mail in TaxSlayer Pro, you will need to specify the method for sending e-mails as well as your e-mail address.
Note: If you're using TaxSlayer Pro on more than one PC in a networked environment, the following steps must be done on the PC designated as the File Server.
To configure Paper Cut e-mail, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Configure Premium Options
- E-Mail Configuration Menu
- E-Mail Method
There are two e-mail methods:
|Indirect through TaxSlayer Pro (Default)
|Simple, no setup involved.
|The e-mail will come from the sender TaxStatusNow rather than from you.
Since the e-mail isn't from you, when replying they need to copy and paste your address into the Reply-To field in their mailer.
You won't receive delivery failure notices if their e-mail address isn't working.
|The e-mail will come from you.
Your clients can easily reply to the e-mail.
You will receive delivery failure notices if their e-mail address isn't working.
|You need to enter a few configuration settings.
If you select SMTP and your e-mail provider is listed in the settings menu, select the provider. If your provider isn't listed, select Other at the bottom of the list.
The settings you need for SMTP can be obtained from your e-mail provider's website in their e-mail support information. (Look for settings related to the "outgoing mail server".)
Here is the information you need:
- The SMTP Server Address (we will insert this for you if you selected a provider from the list).
- SMTP Server Port Number.
- Indicate whether a username and password are required. If so, you will be prompted to enter the username and password you use for e-mail.
- The connection timeout setting, if other than zero.
- Whether or not SSL is required.
After entering the information, select Test Connection Settings to see if you get a successful connection. If the connection is successful, you're done! If the connection is not successful:
- Check all the settings for accuracy.
- If an e-mail provider has more than one SMTP server port, you may need to use trial and error to find out which is the right port.
- SMTP may be disabled by default on your account with your email provider. Check your email account settings at your provider's website to see if SMTP needs to be enabled.
- If all else fails, contact your e-mail provider to verify if you've got the right settings.
Your Email Address
Enter your e-mail address in the format name@emailprovider.