California Form 592-B is used to report to a payee the amount of payment or distribution subject to withholding and tax withheld. Generally a taxpayer receives this form when they have backup withholding on a payment. The information on this form needs to be included with the taxpayer's California state income tax return.
Taxpayers should receive Form 592-B no later than below dates:
- January 31st following the close of the calendar year for both residents and nonresidents
- February 15th for brokers
- The 15th of the 3rd month following the close of the partnership's or LLC's taxable year.
To enter Form 592-B in the individual tax return in TaxSlayer ProWeb, from the California Return menu select:
- CA Resident and Nonresident Withholding (from Form 592-B) - Click "Add Withholding Information".
- Complete Parts I through IV
- Part I: Withholding agent information
- Part II: Recipient information
- Part III: The type of income subject to withholding
- Part IV: Tax Withholding Information