Here are the options available for customization in the Office Setup menu in TaxSlayer ProWeb:
Selected Bank - If you are approved for bank products with one or more banks, select the bank you wish to use. Only one bank may be selected at a time.
Sales Tax Percentage - Enter the sales tax percentage if you are required by state law to charge sales tax on your preparation fees.
Date to show on printed return - Four options are provided for the date specified in the Paid Preparer Use Only section of the printed Form 1040:
- Current Date - today
- Return Created - the date the return was started
- Return Completed - the date the return was marked complete, or today if not marked complete
- Do Not Print Date - no date will print
Signature On Form 8879 - Four options are provided in the dropdown menu for what prints on the "ERO's signature" line on Form 8879:
- Preparer Name Only - print the preparer's signature
- ERO Name Only - print the ERO (firm) name
- Both ERO & Preparer Names - print both of the above
- Leave Blank - print nothing
Cover Page Settings - Three options are provided in the dropdown menu:
- No Cover Page - returns print without a cover page
- Print ERO Information on Cover Page - The first address listed in ERO Setup will print on the cover page.
- Print Office Information on Cover Page - If a single office address has been entered (physical, mailing, or shipping), that address will print. Otherwise, if more than one office address has been entered the physical address will print if it's indicated, and failing that the first address listed will print.
Print Digital Signatures on 1040 - If checked, the taxpayer and preparer signatures will print on the Form 1040.
Disable Third Party Designee Prefill - If checked, the Third Party Designee on the return's E-File page will not be prefilled with the preparer's information.
Require taxpayer signatures prior to e-file - If checked, the taxpayer and spouse must have signed the return before it can be e-filed.
Offer 8888 - If checked, returns with a refund indicated for direct deposit will include the Form 8888 options on the E-File page:
- the ability to split the refund between two or three bank accounts
- an option to allocate a portion of the refund to be paid by check
- an option to purchase up to three savings bonds
Note: Form 8888 isn't available in a return unless this option is checked.
Display Summary using 1040 View - Working in a return, at the Tax Return Summary page you can toggle between two views of the return:
- Summary View - display a summary of the Form 1040 numbered schedules.
- 1040 View - display each page of the tax return plus the numbered schedules.
If this option is checked, 1040 View is the view that will be toggled to display by default at the Tax Return Summary page.
Hide Preparer Name on 1040 Print - If checked, the preparer's name won't print in the space provided in the Form 1040 "Paid Preparer Use Only" section.
Always Print Schedule A - If checked, Schedule A will always print with a tax return, irrespective of whether the return uses standard deduction or itemized deductions.
Use Topaz Signature Pad - Check this only if you are using a Topaz model signature pad.
Note: If this option is checked, you will not be able to capture signatures using a mouse.
Force Verification of IP Address - If checked, the IP address for anyone attempting to log into your ProWeb office will be checked against the Office IP Whitelist. If their IP address is on the list they will be allowed to log in.
Note: Do not check this box if you have not specified any IP addresses in the whitelist. IP addresses don't change often, but a preparer's internet service provider (ISP) may change their IP address at any time, so while this feature provides an extra level of security for your office it also means that a preparer might find themselves locked out due to their ISP changing their IP address. Preparers should not consider using a VPN if your are using this feature.
Default State Return Type to be Sent Through Bank - If checked, if the federal return includes a bank product then the state return will automatically also include a bank product. This can be changed at the E-File page if desired.
Require Email Address Entry on Efile Page - If checked, an email address is required for the primary taxpayer before the return can be e-filed. The address is entered on the E-File page under the Tax Preparation and E-File Information menu.
Default Tax Returns to Spanish - If checked, when working on a tax return the menus will be in Spanish, and tax forms will print in Spanish if a Spanish version is available.
Require Return Tag(s) for Saving Returns - If your office is using Return Tags to help track and sort returns, check this option to require each return be assigned a tag. See here for more information about Return Tags.
Maximum number of clients to display on client list - To avoid long loading times, the Client List will change to an easier to manage searchable format when its size is greater than the number specified. The default number is 999. You can increase if desired, bearing in mind that the Client List may take longer to load.