As a TaxSlayer Affiliate or Multi-Office User, you will need to create offices for your additional locations. After you adding the additional location in Account Hub (click here if you have not done so yet), you will login to your Company level ProWeb to create their office within the program.
There are three steps to setting up an office and getting it ready to create returns: create the Office, add the ERO, and create a Preparer Account.
First, you need to create the office. To do this, from the Welcome Page of your Company select:
- Manage Offices
- Select +Add Office
- You will need to fill out the information for the office, including the Office Name, Ancillary Products if your Company offers any, and Office Configuration settings.
- After entering the basic information and setup for the office, you will decide which features the new office will have access too. Navigate down to the section that says "Check the items the office has permission to edit" and place a check mark next to the items you will allow the office to have access to.
- Enter the address and phone number for the new office
- If you have already created templates (Fee Templates, Print Sets, Security Templates, etc.) at the Company level for your offices, you can apply those to the office by selecting Set Templates. Once you have set the templates, click Save.
- After you have set the desired templates, or if you are not setting templates at this time, click Save and Access Office. This will take you to the Office level where you can finish setting it up for the new location.
Once the office has been created, you must set the ERO. To do this, from the Welcome Page of the Office select:
- ERO Setup
- Click +Add ERO
- Enter the Customer ID (This can be found under the Company Information for the location in Account Hub)
- Enter the ERO Name (Firm Name)
- Enter the Office Identifier (name of office contact)
- Enter the EIN (if applicable)
- Enter the EFIN (a valid EFIN is required)
- Click Add to enter the ERO Address
- Click Add to enter the ERO Phones
- Click Continue when completed
Lastly, you'll create at least one preparer account so that the location has access to log in to the office. To do this, from the Configuration menu select:
- Preparer Setup
- Click +Add Preparer
- The SSN is not required, but can be entered if desired
- Enter First & Last Name
- Enter the Default PIN Number (this is a 5 digit number that will represent the preparer’s signature)
- Enter the 2848 CAF Number if applicable
- Enter PTIN/SIDN or check Data Entry Only, no PTIN required
- Check Office Contact if applicable
- Check Self Employed if applicable
- Check Can view own returns only if you want the preparer to be limited to his/her returns only
- If the preparer will preparer one or more New York state tax returns, they either must be registered with the state and have received an ID number or be considered exempt. Check Prepares NY returns and enter the NYTPRIN or select a NYTPRIN Exempt Code. (See here for more info about New York tax preparer requirements.)
- If the preparer will preparer Oregon state tax returns, they must be registered with the state. Check Prepares OR returns and enter the OR license number.
- Enter Preparer Agent Information if applicable.
- Enter an Email and Cell Phone number for the preparer. They will use this email and cell phone for multi-factor authentication.
- Create a Username for the preparer.
- Create a Password
- Set a Security Template if you wish the user to be restricted.
- Click Continue when finished
Once these three steps have been completed, you can give the ERO the login information you have created and they are ready to start creating returns!