In order to file a return with Form 8888 in ProWeb, you first need to enable Form 8888 in your Office Configuration. To do this, from the Welcome Page of your ProWeb account select:
- Office Setup
- Under the Office Configuration section, select the check box next to Offer 8888
Once you have your configuration set to offer Form 8888, you can then add Form 8888 to a return. This is added on the E-file page, not inside the return as with other forms.
From the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- Once on the E-File page, select the return type E-File: Direct Deposit or Paper Return With Direct Deposit.
- Under the Taxpayer Bank Account Information section, enter the information for each bank account the refund will be split into.
- Following this, enter any amount that needs to be allocated to a paper check and any information for Savings Bonds if the taxpayer wishes to purchase any.
- Click Next and complete the e-file page as usual.
Note: Form 8888 can only be accessed when the return is marked for direct deposit. You will not be able to use this form if the taxpayer is using a tax-related bank product.