Updating your EFIN within your ProWeb office is a two step process: first, add the new EFIN, then deactivate the old EFIN.
To add the new EFIN to your ProWeb office, from the Welcome Page select:
- ERO Setup
- + ADD ERO
- Enter all the information for the ERO, including the Customer ID*, the EFIN, the phone number, and the address. (Office Identifier is an optional field, useful if you have multiple locations and want a quick way to distinguish between them.)
- Mark the new EFIN as both Active and the Default EFIN:
- Click Continue when finished.
After the new EFIN has been added, deactivate the old EFIN as follows:
- ERO Setup
- Select Edit next to the old EFIN.
- Uncheck Active
- Click Continue.
*Note: The Customer ID for your EFIN can be found in your Account Hub under Account Information.
Is this a new EFIN? If you haven't notified us, do so by sending a copy of the IRS's letter notifying you of the EFIN (or equivalent from your IRS e-Services account online) along with a copy of your driver's license (for identification purposes). You can send this info either by e-mail or fax:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 706-868-1955
You won't be able to transmit with this EFIN until we have received this info from you.