**The credit for sick leave and family leave for self-employed individuals calculated on Form 7202 is for tax years 2020 and 2021 only. The form is obsolete after those years.**
Note: This form is for individuals with self-employment income who are unable to work for reasons related to COVID-19.
Click here for information about how the credit is calculated.
Before starting Form 7202, complete the forms that include net earnings from self-employment:
- Schedule C
- Schedule F
- Schedule K-1 (Form 1065), Box 14A;
To complete Form 7202 in TaxSlayer ProWeb, from the Main Menu of the tax return select:
- Federal Section
- Credits Menu
- Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals
- If the return's filing status is MFJ, indicate which spouse the form is for.
- The self-employment earnings pulled from Schedule E, if any, will show ($0.00 in the example below). If an adjustment is needed, enter it in the adjustment field.
- Were you unable to work due to COVID-19? - Answer Yes.
- Under Tell us about any care you received or provided, select each check box that applies and enter the required information:
- After filling out the required information, choose Continue to save the form.
Note: This is a guide to completing Form 7202 in TaxSlayer ProWeb. This is not intended as tax advice.