Form 9325 is a confirmation form from the IRS that the tax return or extension has been received through the electronic filing process and accepted by the IRS. This form is not required, but some taxpayers may request this form to prove their returns have been e-filed and accepted by the IRS. Some preparers print this report automatically for every return and extension for their own recordkeeping purposes.
To generate Form 9325 automatically with each acknowledged return, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Electronic Filing/Bank Setup
- E-File Ack Setup Menu
- Print Form 9325 When Receiving Acknowledgements, change from NO to YES
There are two ways to print Form 9325 for a specific client:
1. From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Print Form 9325 - Select to print Form 9325, either for a return or extension for a single SSN, or for all returns or extensions accepted by the IRS within a specified date range.
2. Form 9325 is available to print under the View menu within the return if the return has been e-filed and accepted.