The receipts menu allows you to manage payments and print receipts without having to open a tax return. To enter a payment, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Select the client from the list
- If this is the first payment on this invoice, you can either ...
- enter the payment amount, method, and date when prompted; or
- press the F10 key on your keyboard to open the Payment History window, then select New and enter the payment method, date, and amount when prompted.
- If this is not the first payment on this invoice, the Payment History window will open. Select New and enter the payment method, date, and amount.
NOTE: The Master Report will update with this new information.
Print Miscellaneous Receipt: If you need to generate a miscellaneous receipt for payment of anything else not represented on the invoice, select Print Miscellaneous Receipt and enter information in the Miscellaneous Receipt Information Entry window, the first of two windows. In the second window, the Miscellaneous Receipt Menu, enter info in the Return Paid, Last Year's Fee, New Client, and Remarks fields as desired.
After you have finished entering the info, select Generate Miscellaneous Receipt to send the receipt to the printer. (It will not open in PDF form.)
NOTE: Be sure to print the receipt, otherwise the information will not be retained after exiting the menu.
View Last Miscellaneous Receipt: This option will open a PDF copy of the last miscellaneous receipt you generated.
Pay Miscellaneous Receipts: Enter a payment for any of the Miscellaneous Receipts you have generated.
NOTE: Unlike payments on invoices for prepared returns, only one payment entry can be made for a Miscellaneous Receipt.