Before setting up configuration within the program - You will need to finish the initial program setup for your office. This done from within your Account Hub. After your ProWeb account has been created, the information will pull to the Office Setup and ERO/Preparer Setup in Configuration. If you are having issues doing this initial setup, please contact your sales representative or customer support for assistance.
To login to your ProWeb office, select the following link: https://online.taxslayerpro.com
From the Welcome page click Select next to Configuration:
- Click Select next to Office Setup
- Verify all the information is correct
- Selected Bank (if offering bank products)
- Continue when completed
NOTE: Print Digital Signature on 1040, Print Firm Information on Cover Page, Disable Third Party Designee Prefill, Require taxpayer signatures prior to e-file, Offer 8888 (multiple direct deposit bank accounts), Display Summary using 1040 View, Hide Preparer Name on 1040 Print, Always Print Schedule A, Use Topaz Signature Pad, Force Verification of IP Address, Default State Return Type to be Sent Through Bank, Required Email Address Entry on E-File Page, Default Tax Returns to Spanish are found within the Office Setup Menu.
To setup the ERO information from the Configuration Menu:
- Click Select next to ERO Setup
- Click +Add next to Add ERO
- Enter the ERO Name (Firm Name)
- Enter the Office Identifier (name of office contact)
- Enter the EIN (if applicable)
- Enter the EFIN (a valid EFIN is required)
- Click Add to enter the ERO Address
- Click Add to enter the ERO Phones
- Click Continue when completed
If you have another EFIN, it can be entered also by clicking on +Add next to Add ERO. Follow the same steps has above. Once an ERO has been added, it cannot be deleted from the program. You will only be able to mark the ERO inactive.
NOTE: The Configurations entered are for the current plus the prior three years.