To enter benefits paid under the Railroad Retirement Act into TaxSlayer ProWeb select:
- Federal Section
- IRA/Pension Distributions (1099R / RRB, SSA)
- Enter the Payer's ID, Name, and Address.
- Enter the amount of the Employee Contributions in Box 3.
- Enter the the Total Gross Paid from in Box 7. This amount carries to Form 1040 line 4c.
- Box 7a will report the Taxable Amount. This amount carries to Form 1040 line 4d.
- Select Click here for options if the distribution is to a Public Safety Officer or to access the Simplified Method Worksheet.
NOTE: This is a guide on entering Rollovers of Retirement Plans and IRA Distributions into the TaxSlayer Pro program. This is not intended as tax advice.