Desktop Password Reset
- Open program and get to the TaxSlayer Pro Login
- Enter your user name and then click Forgot Password?
- Say Okay to the prompt informing you that you will have Three attempts to answer your Security Question right before the login credential is locked
- Answer your security question and then click Okay
- Set your new password and then enter it again to verify it
- Log in to the program with your new password.
Unlocking Locked Login Credentials
If you have locked your login credential, you must take the following steps:
- Open TaxSlayer Pro and access the program with your admin credentials (these credentials are the first ones that you set up when you install the program)
- From the Main Menu:
- Preparer (s) Menu (Select Preparer)
- Preparer Security
- Password/Security Question
- Click Okay
- When the preparer next attempts to log into the program they will:
- Enter their username
- Leave the password field blank
- A prompt will populate at the top of the screen "Leave the password blank to continue setting up this preparer"
- Click Ok
- Once the password/security question and answer are set, the preparer will be able to log in