We encourage you to talk with a Taxslayer Pro Technical Support Representative at 706.868.0985 to help plan this transition. It is very important that you follow the steps listed below if you are switching your transmitting computer.
Before starting this process, be sure that you have a flash drive with at least 16GB of available space. Premium users may require 32GB of available space.
- Open the Computer Management Screen (My Computer or Computer depending on the computer's operating system)
- Double-click the C Drive (or the drive where the program is installed)
- Right-click on the Taxslayer Pro folder and select Copy
- Use the back arrow to return to the Computer Management Screen
- Right-click on the drive letter assigned to your flash drive and select Paste
- After the copy is complete, remove the flash drive from the old computer
If the Old Transmitting Computer will continue to be used as a Workstation, be sure that it is no longer configured as a Transmitting Computer.
Important: Install all available years Taxslayer Pro Program on the New Computer (If not already installed). Take the flash drive containing the Taxslayer Pro folder(s) to the New Computer.
- Attach the flash drive to the new transmitting computer
- Open the Computer Management Screen
- Copy the Taxslayer Pro folder from the flash drive to the C drive (or the drive where the program is installed)
- A message will appear asking if you want to overwrite the existing files and/or folders. Select 'YES'
- Open the Taxslayer Pro program, the Configuration should be restored for you
- Select Tax Returns
- All your returns should appear in the list
- Reboot the Transmitting Computer.
- Download & install Adobe Reader. Click the link and select, "get Adobe Reader"
For Network Users, Call Taxslayer Pro technical support 706.868.0985 for assistance with the following:
- Re-select File Server Name/IP Address in System/Network configuration on each workstation.