When the TaxSlayer Pro software is available for download in early December, the state programs and the business program are not included. State programs are individually released when we receive final approval from each state. Unless pending legislation or late tax law changes by the state delay the ability to release a state program, state updates are released and available prior to the start of electronic filing.
To complete a state return, from the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- State Return menu item or double-click States at the top of the window
- Choose the state from the list
- Select the appropriate filing status - Resident, Nonresident, or Part-Year Resident
- The program will automatically pull federal information into the state return
- Adjust the state return as needed