To complete a state return in TaxSlayer Pro, from the Main Menu of the tax return:
- Select State Return from the left side menu.
- Choose the state from the list.
- Select the appropriate filing status, whether Resident, Nonresident, or Part-Year Resident. (Some states combine nonresident and part-year resident on the same form.)
- The program will automatically pull federal information into the state return.
- Adjust the state return as needed.
When the TaxSlayer Pro software is first available for download in early December, the state programs (and the business program) are not initially included. State programs are individually released when we receive final approval from each state. State programs are generally available prior to the start of electronic filing unless the state delays approval due to pending legislation or late tax law changes.