In the event that the Admin account password and security question are both forgotten or unknown, a temporary override can be obtained in your Account Hub.
- Log in to your Account Hub.
- On the main page of the Account Hub, click your username in the top right corner.
- In the menu that drops down, select Support Tools.
- Click Get Reset Code. A temporary override code will be displayed on the screen.
- Highlight and copy the code, paste it into the TaxSlayer Pro Username field in the login window, leave the password field blank, and click Ok. (If you highlight and copy the code off the screen, be sure to highlight only the code and not include any leading or trailing spaces.)
Once logged in, from the ADMIN Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Firm / ERO / Preparer Setup
- Preparer(s) Menu
- Double-click ADMIN, or select it then click Edit
- Select Password and answer YES to the reset question.
- Enter a new password. The password must be between 8 and 30 characters and use:
- at least one uppercase letter
- at least one lowercase letter
- at least one number
- at least one special character, such as @#$!
After the password has been reset, you will be able to log in as the ADMIN user. If you need to log in under a different user, here's a shortcut:
- Exit backwards to the ADMIN Menu
- In the top left of the window select File, then Logoff User
You're now ready to log in.