Web Reports are cloud based financial & biographical reports for your entire company in one location. Each report can be used to access data and statistics for every office within a company at the same time, allowing you to effectively monitor your entire business.
Web Reports offers over 20 different reports, such as Federal Return Summary, State Return Summary, and the Taxes to Go Report, so you may access any data necessary for marketing, financial, or standard reporting purposes. Once a report has been run, you are able to filter the data for the report. These filter options include the tax year, the group, EFIN, and preparer. Every report is also exportable to a CSV file, allowing you to further manipulate the data to suit your needs using Excel.
To access Web Reports, go to https://www.taxstatusnow.com/reports/web. To login, you will use the same user name and password that you use for My Account. For those with Sub Management My Account logins, if you can view Web Reports your credentials will work as well.
Summary Reports: These reports will populate a summary of information and statistics based on the selection
- Federal Return Summary: Reports all information and statistics for each filed Federal Return
- State Return Summary: Reports all information and statistics for each filed State Return
- State Detail Summary Report: Reports transmission data for each filed State Return
- Summary Report: Reports all information and statistics for a particular group or EFIN
- Summary Report By Date: Reports all information and statistics for a particular group or EFIN by date
- Electronic Filing Summary: Reports information and details for each individual transmission (federal and state separately)
Pro Web Reports: These reports will populate return information created and sent in TaxSlayer ProWeb
- Pro Web Returns - Return Report: Reports basic information for every return created in ProWeb
- Pro Web Returns - Detailed Return Report: Reports detailed information for every return created in ProWeb
- Pro Web - Audit Report: Reports all returns with EIC, Schedule C, Schedule C-EZ, and Schedule F
Production Detail Reports: These reports will populate production information for your office and EFINs
- Office Production Detail Reports - Electronic: Reports detailed information on Electronic Returns
- Office Production Detail Report - Paper: Reports detailed information on Paper Returns
Return Reports: These reports will populate return information for returns that have been submitted
- Submitted Returns: Reports on all Submitted and Bank Return statistics
- Returns Awaiting Acknowledgements: Reports on all returns waiting for an acknowledgement
- Extension Report: Reports on all filed extensions
Customer Reports: These reports are for those with multiple offices and sub EFINs
- Bank Approvals: Reports bank application statuses by EFIN
- Customer Contact Report: Reports customer contacts at additional locations
- Customer Order Code Report: Reports all EFIN validation codes for sub offices
Miscellaneous Reports: These reports will populate information for miscellaneous categories
- Taxes to Go Report: Reports users and information regarding the Taxes to Go app imports
- Bank Invoice Report: Reports invoicing data for all ancillary products
- Text Report: Reports return data used to send texts
Saved Reports: These reports are customized reports you create
- View Saved Reports: View and export custom reports
Report Filter Categories
Date Type/ Start and End Date: These filters give you the ability to choose a date range for the reports and a date type. The date types include Transmit Date, Ack Date, and Funded Date.
Tax Year: This allows you to select which tax year will populate in the report. Currently, Web Reports allows the user to select back to year 2016.
Return Type: This section allows you to select returns based on if they have a bank product or not. Return types include: All Returns, Bank Returns, or Non-Bank Returns.
Group Selection: This feature allows multi-office owners to pull reports from all their offices within a group at once.
EFIN Selection: This filter allows the user to choose between just one EFIN or multiple EFINs.
How to Run a Report
Running a report from Web Reports can be done very quickly. To begin, select any report you'd like to run/export. For this example, we will explain how to run the Federal Return Summary:
- Select Federal Return Summary from the list of Available Reporting Tools
- Select the Date Type from the drop-down list
- Select the Tax Year from the drop-down list
- Choose a Start Date and the End Date for which you'd like to report
- Select the Return Type from the drop-down list
- Click the part that says Group Selection
- If you have groups, you can select the specific group from the drop-down list
- Click the part that says EFIN Selection
- Select the EFIN you'd like included in this report (If you have more than one location, you can select multiple EFINs in this section)
- Please Note: If you have multiple EFINs and you select Check All you will only be able to Export the Report
- Click Run Report
After the report has loaded, you can then further filter the report to show the specific areas you need. Here are some tips to help you filter reports:
- Column Selection will allow you to view every category covered in the report. You can add or remove specific categories by clicking on them. There is also the option to Select All or Clear All at the top. As you add or remove categories, the report will be updated in real-time.
- To arrange the categories in the report, you can click and drag the category to a new position. For example, if you'd like the Return ID to show before the EFIN, you would click the ReturnID tab and drag it to the left of the EFIN tab.
- To search or filter by the categories, you would select the category and drag it up to the section that says "Drag a column and drop it here to group by that column." This allows you to organize the report based on those particular items. You can filter by as many categories as you wish.
- To Save a Report after you've customized and filtered it, simply click the Save Report button in the top right of the screen. These reports will then appear under the Saved Reports section from the main page. You will then be able to quickly access these customized reports as needed.
- To Export a Report to Excel, simply click the Export button at the top right.