For preparers using TaxSlayer Pro, Web Reports provides a suite of cloud-based financial and biographical reports for your entire company, with data useful for marketing and financial purposes. Each report can be used to access data and statistics for every office within a company, allowing you to effectively monitor your entire business.
Reports can be exported to a CSV file suitable for importing into your spreadsheet software. Report templates can also be saved, including the filters and column selections you have chosen, making them easy to run on a regular basis.
Web Reports can be accessed two ways:
- Directly here using your Account Hub user name and password.
- In Account Hub under the 9-square "app switcher" menu at the top right.
- Federal Return Summary: This report includes over 100 columns of information about each e-filed Federal return. It's the most detailed of all the reports listing individual returns.
- State Return Summary: Reports information about each e-filed State return.
- State Detail Summary Report: Reports transmission data for each e-filed State return.
- Summary Report: Reports broad statistics for a particular group or one or more EFINs.
- Summary Report By Date: Reports all information and statistics for a particular group or EFIN by date.
- Bank Product Funding: Reports the funding status of returns that utilized a bank product.
- Electronic Filing Summary: Reports information and details for each individual transmission (federal and state separately).
ProWeb Reports: These reports show return information created and sent in TaxSlayer ProWeb:
- ProWeb Returns - Return Report: Reports basic information for every return created in ProWeb.
- ProWeb Returns - Detailed Return Report: Reports detailed information for every return created in ProWeb.
- ProWeb Returns - Audit Report: Reports all returns with EIC, Schedule C, and Schedule F:
Production Detail Reports: These reports show production information for your office and EFINs:
- Office Production Detail Report - Electronic: Reports detailed information on Electronic Returns.
- Office Production Detail Report - Paper: Reports detailed information on Paper Returns. (This report is only useful for ProWeb offices.)
Return Reports: These reports show return information for returns that have been submitted:
- Submitted Returns: Reports on all Submitted and Bank Return statistics.
- Returns Awaiting Acknowledgement: Reports on all returns waiting for an acknowledgement.
- Extension Report: Reports on all filed extensions.
Customer Reports These reports are helpful for those with multiple offices and sub-EFINs:
- Bank Approvals: Reports bank application statuses by EFIN
- Customer Contact Report: Reports customer contacts at additional locations
- Customer Order Code Report: Reports all EFIN validation codes for sub offices
- Customer Portal Report: View information about and the status of all the Customer Portal invitations you have sent, including whether or not the client has created the portal.
- Customer Portal Report By Date: As above but for a particular date range. Offices with hundreds of portal invitations may need to run this report as an alternative to the above.
- Taxes To Go Report: View information about and the status of all clients who received your branded Taxes To Go app link, including the status of the app from installation, to return preparation being started, to the return being submitted to you. Also, view information about non-branded app clients whose returns you have claimed.
- Taxes To Go Report By Date: As above but for a particular date range. Offices with hundreds of Taxes To Go app returns may need to run this report as an alternative to the above.
- Bank Invoice Report: Reports invoicing data for all partner products
Saved Reports - From here you can select the reports you created, customized, and saved.
Report Filter Categories
- Date Type/ Start and End Date: These filters give you the ability to choose a date range for the reports and a date type. The date types include Transmit Date, Ack Date, and Funded Date.
- Tax Year: This filter allows you to select the tax year, from the current year to any of the previous five years.
- Return Type: This filter allows you to select returns based on if they utilized a bank product or not. Return types include: All Returns, Bank Returns, or Non-Bank Returns.
- Group Selection: This filter allows multi-office owners to pull reports from all their offices within a group at once.
- EFIN Selection: This filter allows the user to choose between just one EFIN or multiple EFINs. An EFIN must be selected though, even for an office with only one.
How to Run a Report
- On the Web Reports page, select the report you'd like to run.
- Complete the filter selections as desired.
- Select the EFIN(s).
- Click "Run Report" or "Run Report For Export". Offices with a large number of returns may need to use the latter.
For example, to run the Federal Return Summary:
- Select Federal Return Summary from the list of Available Reports.
- Select the Date Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Tax Year from the drop-down list.
- Choose a Start Date and the End Date for which you'd like to report.
- Select the Return Type from the drop-down list.
- If you have groups, click Group Selection and select the specific group from the drop-down list
- Click the blue EFIN Selection menu.
- Select the EFIN(s) you'd like included in this report.
Note: If you select Check All to select multiple EFINs, you will only be able to Export the Report.
- Click Run Report.
Selecting the columns to report
You can exclude any column of data you don't want in the report. To exclude a column in the report, click the blue "Column Selection" heading to reveal the report columns.
Here's what that looks like for the ProWeb Returns Report:
To exclude a column, click the blue button with its name. Its color will change to red indicating it's not included, and it will disappear from the report. Alternatively you can exclude all the columns by clicking the orange "Clear All" button, then select each column that you desire to be in the report.
If you've created and customized a report that you think you will want to run regularly, click Save Report at the top right of the window. Once saved, the report will appear under the Saved Reports menu in the main Web Reports page. You can then run the report from there and it will be created and customized just as you desired.
Click the Export button at the top right of the window to export a copy in CSV format suitable for opening in your spreadsheet program.
- There may be a difference between the number of clients on a report and transmissions totals in the same time period. This maybe be due to, for example, clients who have both an original and an amended return.
For more information about Web Reports, please download the manual below.