The Special Attention Database allows you to store information about a client that you may wish to take into consideration prior to the preparation of their tax return. This database is designed to notify you when opening and/or when exiting a return of any items that may require your attention, such as whether or not the client has a balance due from last year. The entries in this database pull forward from the previous year in the process of installing the program in the current year.
To access the Special Attention Database, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Advanced Configuration (Macros)
- Special Attention Database - To create an entry, select New. Enter the client’s 9-digit SSN or EIN, then the name, after which a window will open that allows you to type a message. For example, if your client owes you money for preparing last year's return, you can create a message in regards to their balance due.
Three check boxes are available
- Show Entering Return - Check this box for the message to show when the return is opened.
- Show Exiting Return - Check this box for the message to show when exiting the return.
- Return Paid - Check this box to indicate if the return was paid. This box can be useful if the message contains several notes for special attention, one of which is payment, so that the preparer reading the message will know the client's balance has been paid and thus can ignore that note.
To remove an entry from the database, single-click the record to select it, then click Delete.
Note: Special attention messages are separate from and in addition to return notes. See here for more information about return notes.