Form 8633, Application to Participate in the IRS e-file Program will no longer be accepted. Effective October 1, 2012, applications to become an IRS e-file provider must be submitted online. The IRS will not accept your business returns electronically until this is complete. You may call 1.866.255.0654, or sign up for e-services and update the form online by clicking here.
TaxSlayer Pro software supports electronic filing of four business entities - 1120 Corporation, 1120S Corporation, 1065 Partnership, and 990 Exempt Organization returns.
To mark the business return for electronic filing, from the Main Menu of the business return, select:
- Mark Return Electronic
- Return Type
- Select Electronic Balance Due or Direct Debit if there is a balance due on the return.
- Select Electronic Mailed Check or Direct Deposit if there is a refund on the return.
When you exit the business tax return you will be asked if you are ready to mark the return as completed and ready for transmission. You must answer 'YES' to this question for the return to pull to the transmission table. To transmit the return, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Electronic Filing Menu
- Transmit Electronic Return - Returns that have been marked for electronic filing and marked as complete will appear in the transmission table.
- Select Transmit (Keep in mind that every return on the Transmission Table will be sent. Returns that you do not want to send at this time can be removed temporarily using the Remove Client button.)
- You will be asked if you want a printed list of clients selected to send. It is recommended that you print this report for your records. Review the report for accuracy. You will be asked if the information is correct.
- Select Connect to begin transmitting the business return(s) to TaxSlayer Pro.
- When you are prompted to exit the window, select Exit
- You will receive the message that you have reports to print. It is recommended that you print the transmission confirmation report at this time. Business returns are processed by the IRS and acknowledged usually within 8 hours. The IRS does however, reserve the right to wait 24 hours before sending an acknowledgement for any e-filed return.
NOTE: If you do not receive a transmission confirmation report, the TaxSlayer Pro secure servers DID NOT receive your transmission. You must re-send the transmission.