In TaxSlayer ProWeb, unwanted tax returns aren't deleted but are deactivated. To deactivate a tax return, from the Welcome page for your office:
- Click Client Search and locate the desired return
- Click the client's Tools drop-down menu
- Choose Deactivate
- Select Yes when asked to confirm deactivation.
A return can only be deactivated if its status is "In Progress". A deactivated return remains in the client list with a status of "Deactivated", and it can be reactivated if desired.
- For Pay-Per-Return subscribers, each deactivated return counts toward your initially purchased 15 returns. Please ensure you are required to deactivate prior to doing so.
- An in-progress return with an accepted extension request cannot be deactivated.