The TaxSlayer Premium Package offers the ability to email an encrypted, password protected PDF to your client using Paper Cut.
Instructions for emailing an encrypted copy of a tax return using Paper Cut
From the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- Personal Information
- Name and Address
- Be sure the E-Mail Address has been entered for your client
- Exit to the main menu of the tax return
- When you are finished with the return, press the <ENTER> key on the Form 1040 Main Menu or select the Exit button. When you exit the return you will be at the Receipt Menu.
- Prior to TaxSlayer Pro 2019, on the Receipt Menu select Client's Media Type and choose E-Mail. (For 2019, this step can still be done but is unnecessary.)
- Exit the Receipt Menu. You will be asked Do You Wish to Print the Return to PDF? Select YES and Select the Print Option. When the PDF generates on the screen, close the PDF.
From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer select:
- Icon at the top of the screen
- Select E-Mail > Compose - Double-click the client you would like to email
- Send To: This e-mail address will automatically populate based on the email entered in the client's tax return (May be edited by left-clicking inside the box and deleting / adding information.)
- From: The e-mail address entered in the Premium Configuration Menu (May be edited by left-clicking inside the box and deleting / adding information.)
- File Attachment... All the information stored in the client's file will appear in the dropdown menu. Choose the file you want to add.
- File Attachment... If you want to add more than one file choose the file from the second dropdown list.
- ZIP File Name: Paper Cut automatically assigns the filename as 20XX Tax Information. (May be edited by left-clicking inside the box and deleting / adding information.)
- Encryption Password - When your customer opens the file, they will be prompted to enter a password to access the PDF file. Assign a password to encrypt the ZIP File being sent. The assigned password must be at least 8 characters and must contain an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a digit, and a special character (!@%$).
- Subject: Change if desired
- Message: The message text may be edited if desired.
When you are ready to email the file, select Send. If you are sending PaperCut e-mails through TaxSlayer Pro, the e-mail will be transmitted through our secure servers and then sent to the client. Your client will NOT be able to reply back to the e-mail you send through TaxSlayer secure servers.
Note: XX or 20XX - represents the year, i.e. 19 or 2019.