In TaxSlayer Pro, you can use a bank product to facilitate a state tax return refund if the federal return is also using a bank product.
To select a bank product in the state tax return, from the Main Menu of the state return select:
- Electronic Information Menu
- Send State Return Through Bank
There are several important caveats regarding using a bank product on a state tax return:
- The federal return must utilize a bank product. If the federal return doesn't utilize a bank product, bank product options won't be available in the state return.
- The state return must be filed with the federal return. The taxpayer cannot utilize a bank product on a state tax return when it is e-filed state-only, unlinked from the federal return.
- Bank products can only be used with the original tax return, not with an amended return.