To select the bank whose products you will offer to taxpayers when preparing their tax returns, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Electronic Filing / Bank Setup
- Bank Setup Menu
- Bank Used for Bank Products - Select the bank to use. If you have applied to more than one bank, the additional bank(s) will appear here once the bank notifies us they have approved the application.
Note: If you are using TaxSlayer Pro in a networked environment, these steps must be taken on the File Server as well as on each Workstation.
Once you select a bank the Bank Setup Menu will present you with the bank's program options to opt into. Each bank has one or two options specific to its program, but all the banks have these options in common:
- Can Offer Advances - Select YES if you are approved to offer advances. (If you can't select Yes, then you aren't approved for advances.)
- Can Offer Pre-Ack Advances - Select YES if you are approved to offer pre-ack advances. (If you can't select Yes, then you aren't approved for pre-acks.)
- Offer Debit Cards - Select YES if you opted in to offer prepaid debit cards. The bank will send you the cards.
- Default Sending States Through Bank - Select YES if you want state refund disbursements to default to using the same bank product selection as on the federal return. (This is only the default setting. When working in the return, you can always change the state return to use or not use a bank product as the taxpayer desires.)
Depending on the bank, there may be additional options in the Bank Setup Menu. Refer to your bank enrollment application if needed to select the correct options.