Before you can begin using your Topaz Signature Pad with TaxSlayer ProWeb you will first need to download and install the Topaz SigWeb software. To do this, follow the guide below:
Note: Do not connect the signature pad until installation is complete.
- Download SigWeb at the Topaz website.
- Close all open web browsers (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
- Locate the SigWeb installer file that downloaded (typically in the Downloads directory). Right-click SigWeb installer and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Follow Topaz's instructions. In the course of installation, you'll need to enter model number of your signature pad. Do so in the fields provided.
- After the installation is complete, connect the signature pad.
- Test your signature pad with the SigWeb Demo here:
- Click “Sign” and sign on the signature pad. Your signature will appear in the signature box.
- Once done, close the demo browser tab.
After installing SigWeb and verifying that it works at the demo site, you then must configure your ProWeb office to use the Topaz Signature Pad.
To do this, from the Welcome Page of your ProWeb office select:
- Office Setup
- Look for the "Use Topaz Signature Pad" check box and check it:
After getting the signature pad set up, you will be able to use it as an alternative to the mouse for both the preparer's signature and the taxpayer's signature.