In TaxSlayer Pro, the complete tax return, individual forms, and ancillary documents can all be printed from the View Results menu within the tax return. The printing will be done to either paper or PDF depending on how you have configured the printer preferences in the program. For more information about setting printer preferences, click here.
To print, select the View Results menu from the Main Menu of the tax return (Form 1040 or 1040NR). The window headed "Select Form/Schedule to View" shows the following items (in addition to the particular forms and schedules included in the return):
- Quick Summary - The Quick Summary consists of two pages, one listing the calculated total of the invoice based on the forms and schedules included in the return, and the other listing the highlights of the return tax calculation.
- Print Return - This option lists the print sets as configured in the individual print options in the program. For more information about individual print options, click here.
- Print Selected Forms/States - This option allows you to create a print set consisting of only the documents you specify. (For Premium users, this print set will be available to send to the client via email in PaperCut.)
- Prior Years Comparison - This document is always available for printing but will only be meaningful if prior year return data is found or has been entered in the return. For information about entering prior year data for this document, click here.
- Cover Page - This is the cover page for the print package for the client. For more information about editing the layout of the cover page, click here.
- Client Invoice - This is the invoice as calculated and/or as adjusted in the Receipt Menu.
- Client Letter - This is the cover letter to the client containing information about the return in narrative form. For more information about editing the client letter, click here.
- Privacy Letter - This is the letter to the client outlining how your firm uses their information. For more information about editing the privacy letter, click here.
- Client Form Listing Summary - This summary combines information listed in the Quick Summary along with other general information about the return.
There is one document that will be listed if the return does not qualify for the Earned Income Credit:
- Why No EIC Calculated - This document explains why the Earned Income Credit was not calculated in the return. This document cannot be made part of a print set, nor is available to be printed under "Print Selected Forms/States", so if a printed copy is needed it can only be printed separately from the View Results menu.