The trial version of TaxSlayer Pro Desktop Software is available for download from the TaxSlayer Pro website: taxslayerpro.com. The demo version is a full working version of TaxSlayer Pro.
Note: TaxSlayer Pro desktop software is built for the Windows operating system only. Mac users will need to install it in a Windows partition using a utility such as Bootcamp (free with macOS).
To download a free demo of TaxSlayer Pro Desktop:
1. Visit www.taxslayerpro.com/demorequest
2. Enter your contact information: e-mail address, name, phone number, your state, and if you need Spanish support.
3. Beneath the heading Choose a demo version, select the button for TaxSlayer Pro Premium.
4. Click the green GET FREE DEMO button.
5. In the next screen, click the blue BEGIN DOWNLOAD button.
6. The file DemoPro.msi will download to the default download location on your computer.
7. The download process can take several minutes. The process of saving and/or opening the file will vary, depending on your browser.
- Chrome - Click the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Microsoft Edge - You will be asked "What do you want to do with DemoPro.msi?" Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Firefox - Click the download arrow in the upper-right corner, then click the file.
To install a downloaded demo of TaxSlayer Pro:
Windows users can install the demo software as part of the download and install process (as detailed above), or save the demo file and install it at a later time. To install a saved installation file:
- Locate the installation file. The installation file will be saved to your computer's default download location. This is typically Local Disk (C:) > Users > "your name" > Downloads.
- Double-click the installation file to begin the TaxSlayer Pro Desktop installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts given by the Windows Installer and the InstallShield Wizard to install the software.
- After the installation is complete, start the software by double-clicking the TaxSlayer Pro icon on the Windows Desktop