To enter a payment received from a client, from the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- Exit. This will take you to the Receipt Menu
- Select Enter Payment
- You will be prompted to enter the payment amount as well as the form of payment
- The amount entered here will be reflected as a payment on the client's invoice
If you would like to show the updated amount paid in your Client Status you will need to update your Reports. From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Exit. Client Status will now be updated with the new amount paid.
From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Pay Receipts
- Select the Client from the list
- Input the Invoice Paid Amount
- Payment Method
- Date of Payment
NOTE: Client status will only reflect a 'paid' status when the client has paid in full. It does not adjust the dollar amount if partial payments are made.