In TaxSlayer Pro, you can record a payment from a client in two places: in the Receipt Menu after exiting their tax return and from the program Quick Menu.
Note that for a given client in Client Status, the total fees show "PAID" when the invoice has been paid in full. Partial payments don't adjust any amount shown.
If you have the client's tax return open:
- Click the Exit button. This will take you to the Receipt Menu.
- Select Enter Payment.
- You will be prompted to enter the payment amount as well as the form of payment.
- The amount entered here will be reflected as a payment on the client's invoice
If you would like to show the updated amount paid in your Client Status you will need to update your Reports. From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Exit - Client Status will now be updated with the new amount paid.
From the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Pay Receipts - Select the Client from the list.
- Invoice Paid Amount - Enter the amount.
- Select Payment Method - Select how the payment was made from the list. If you select Check, you'll be asked for the check number (optional).
- Date of Payment - Enter the date.
If you need to correct your entry, reselect it from the list of clients to pay, then select the payment record.