The Tax Office Assistant feature of TaxSlayer Premium alerts bank product clients that their checks are ready by sending a "check is ready for pickup" text message to their cell phones.
To activate this feature, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer select:
- Configure Premium Options
- Send Text Message to Clients
- You will see the following message: "Sending text alerts to your clients is a real time system that runs 24 hours a day. When you print a bank product check for your client they will be sent a text alert regardless of the time of day. Make sure your clients are aware of your business hours. You are also required to keep on file the signed disclosure from your client that prints out, allowing you to send the text alerts to the client. By selecting 'YES' below you are agreeing to these terms".
- Once you have read the message, and you agree, select 'YES'.
From the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- The Exit Button, to get to the Receipt Menu.
- Send Text Message to Client - By selecting to Send Text Messages to This Client You are Agreeing to Keep a Signed Disclosure for Texting from this Client in Your Office. Do You Want to Continue?
- If you agree to these terms, select 'YES' - Enter the Client’s Cell Phone Number
- You will see the message - Do you have a Signed Disclosure for Texting?
- If you have the signed disclosure, select 'YES'
- Select the Cell Phone Provider from the list, Select 'OK'
- Once the Client’s Check has been printed, a text message will then be sent to the phone number provided stating, 'Your check is now ready to be picked up.' This text message cannot currently be customized.
- If a client would like to Opt Out of future text messages, they can log on to www.taxstatusnow.com/optout. They will be required to enter their cell phone number and we will prevent any future text messages from being delivered to them.