In the event that the Admin account password and security question are forgotten or unknown, a temporary password can be obtained by logging in to your Account Hub.
- On the main page of the Account Hub, click your username in the top right corner.
- In the menu that drops down, select Support Tools.
- Click Get Reset Code. A temporary override code will be displayed on the screen.
- Highlight and copy the code, paste it into the username field of the TaxSlayer Pro login screen, leave the password field blank, and click Ok. (If you highlight and copy the code off the screen, be sure to highlight only the code and not include any leading or trailing spaces.)
To reset the Admin password, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Firm / ERO / Preparer Setup
- Preparer(s) Menu
- Double-click ADMIN
- Select Password and answer YES to the question.
- Enter a new password. The password must be between 8 and 30 characters and use:
- at least one upper case letter
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one number
- at least one special character, such as @#$!
After the password has been reset:
- Return to the Main Menu
- In the top left of the window select File, then Logoff User
- Log in with the username ADMIN and the new password you created