The Client Status utility is used to check on the e-file status and bank product status for an e-filed return. There are two ways to access Client Status in the program:
Click the Icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen
From the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro, select Client Status
Either key in the client's SSN and press Enter, or click Client List and double-click the client in the list. After selecting a client, their information will be displayed in the Client Status window.
The top section of the Client Status window displays general information about the taxpayer and the tax return:
The bottom section of the Client Status window includes six tabs.
The Quick View tab shows information about the return.
- IRS Center - Where the return was processed.
- IRS Code - Displays either Accepted or Rejected after the return has been acknowledged by the IRS.
- Bank Date - For bank product returns only. Displays the date the bank application was sent to the bank.
- Bank Code - Displays either Accepted or Rejected after the application has been acknowledged by the bank.
- Federal Due/Refund - Displays either the amount due or the anticipated refund per the tax return.
- Federal Deposit - For bank product returns only. Displays the date and the amount of the IRS funding.
- State Deposit - For state bank product returns only. Displays the date and the amount of the state funding.
- Check # and Check Amount - For bank product returns only. Displays the check date and amount from the check printed for the taxpayer.
- Prep Fee - Displays the total Preparation Fee billed on the return.
- E-File Fee - Displays the E-File fee billed on the return.
- Other Fee - Displays additional fees for ancillary products and for service bureaus.
- Total Fees - Displays the total fees charged along with a "Paid" or "Not PD" indicator.
The Summary tab contains IRS and bank transmission summary information pertaining to the client's return, depending on what type of return has been filed. For example, a direct deposit return will appear different than a bank product return.
- IRS Transmission Summary - Summarizes the IRS transmission details.
- Bank Code - For bank product returns only. Shows the status code as assigned by the bank.
- Refund Summary - Shows the deposit amounts and dates for federal and state refunds.
- Fee Summary - Shows the Prep Fee and E-File Fee and the date received.
The Acks tab shows all the acknowledgements received for the return. Each time the return is transmitted to the IRS, a separate row beginning with the date will appear on the Acks Tab.
- IRS Acknowledgements
- State Acknowledgements
The State tab displays the state, the electronic filing type on the return, return type (resident, non-resident, part-year), refund or amount due, transmission date, if accepted or rejected, and acceptance date.
The Other tab displays a secondary phone number, the taxpayer's AGI, total tax, withholding, EIC, and the refund or amount due from the tax return.
Return Access history displays each time the return was accessed and provides a snapshot of certain return information when the return was exited. The Type, Preparer, and Return data columns update any time changes are made to the return. Click on a line and use the left and right arrow keys to scroll from side-to-side.
The Notes tab allows the preparer to enter any information they feel relevant to this taxpayer. This information is not sent to the IRS. It is stored only within the Client Status screen.
Click this button to be taken to the IRS "Where's My Refund?" web page. Enter the client SSN, the filing status, and the refund amount, and click Submit.
Please be aware that TaxSlayer Pro has no control over when the IRS will release a refund to your client. If the IRS has acknowledged the return, you will see this noted on the Quick View Tab next to IRS Code. If the IRS has funded the account you will see this noted on the Quick View Tab next to Federal Deposit. If you feel that your client should have received their refund check by now, you may call the IRS at 1.800.829.4477 or visit Where's My Refund.
Prints to PDF in summary form much of the client status information in the window.
Go To Return
Opens the client's tax return. Upon exiting the client's tax return, you are returned to their Client Status window.