TaxSlayer Pro provides the option of adding Return Notes to your tax returns. Return notes are for yourself or your staff about the tax return or the client and are for in-house informational purposes only. These notes are not sent to the IRS, and if desired they can be pulled forward from the prior year's return when creating the return for the current year.
There are two ways to access the return notes for a return:
- In the client's tax return select the Notes icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen: or prior to 2019.
- In the Client List at the opening screen of TaxSlayer Pro, right-click on the client;
Enter your note in the space provided and indicate if you would like the note to display when the entering or exiting the return. When finished, select Save and Exit.
Pulling Notes Forward:
To set up the way return notes pull forward, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Advanced Configuration (Macros)
- Pull Prior Year Client Notes Forward
- You can choose to Automatically Pull Forward, Ask to Pull Forward, or Do Not Pull Forward.