In TaxSlayer Pro, the Master Report is a combination of several different reports that can be created to assist you in tracking your business and managing your office. If you're preparing tax returns on more than one PC in a networked office, this report can only be accessed from the PC that functions as the file server.
To access the Master Report, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Master Report
Seven report options are available:
- Year to Date Totals Report: A report listing every return that has been marked complete since the beginning of the year.
- Daily Written Report: A report that lists every return that has been marked complete for a specific day or date range.
- Daily Collected Report: Displays all client payments for a specific day or date range.
- Inventory Report: A list of all returns marked complete that have not been paid in full.
- Preparer Totals Report: A report listing completed returns by a preparer or preparers.
- Specialized Reports: Used to create a customized Master Report that can be refined using several filters:
- Type of Client Return - Paper filed, e-filed, e-filed balance due, e-filed with direct deposit refund.
- Client Payment Status - Paid or not paid.
- Preparer Range - A single preparer code or a range of preparer codes.
- Date Range - A period of dates when the returns were marked complete.
- Type of Master Report - Which of the four formats is desired (see below).
- E-File Report: A list of all the returns e-filed including the date transmitted and the date accepted or rejected.
Each report type has four different formats to choose from:
- Detailed Master Report: This report lists the Taxpayer's Name, SSN, Preparer Code, Fees Billed, Fees Paid, Type of Return, Type of State Return, IRS Code, Phone Number, Total Number of Returns, Total Fees Billed, and Total Fees Paid.
- Secure Detail Report: This report lists the SSN, Preparer Code, Fees Billed, Fees Paid, Type of Return, Type of State Return, IRS Code, Total Number of Returns, Total Fees Billed, and Total Fees Paid.
- Summary Master Report: This report lists only the Total Number of Returns, Total Fees Billed, and Total Fees Paid
- Labels: Generates mailing labels for the listed clients. Prints on Avery 5160 Labels.
If you delete a client's return from the program, the return may still show on the Master Report. To remove the return from the report, select Delete Client from Master Report.