There are multiple ways in the program to find out why a tax return was rejected by the IRS or the state taxing authority.
The IRS and State Reject Codes can be found by viewing the Client's Return Information in the Client Status Menu. From the Main Menu of the TaxSlayer Pro program select:
- Client Status
- Enter the SSN or click on the box located next to the Primary SSN Entry (clicking on the box will allow you to select a client from a list)
- Select the Acks Tab - IRS and state rejects will be listed in the tables
- Select the Federal Rejects or State Rejects button
- Enter the Reject Code and select the Submit button
A description of the reject will be displayed in the box. To correct the reject, navigate to the section of the tax return as described in the reject code. Edit entries as necessary.
You may also use the Online Client Status that can be accessed through your Account Hub. If you are away from your transmitting computer, you will still be able to access this Client Status as long as you have a computer with internet connection. From your Account Hub, select:
- The App Switch in the top right corner of the page next to your Account Hub username
- From the section that appears, select Client Status
- This will take you to the Client Status website where you can search for any taxpayer
- If the taxpayer has a rejection, it will be listed among the transmission information here