In TaxSlayer Pro, tax returns can be printed from the Quick Menu and from within the tax return itself. If you have many returns to print at one time, e.g., you're saving PDF copies for archival purposes, consider using either of the two methods via the Quick Menu.
Printing multiple returns at once
If you wish to print multiple returns to PDF at one time, be sure the printer configuration "View All Printjobs" is set to YES, otherwise the return(s) will print to paper using the printer specified in your Printer Setup Menu.
To print one or more tax returns at once, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Print Individual Returns
- Click the check box to the left of the return that you would like to print.
- Select a print option from the list displayed on the screen, then select Ok.
- If you have another return you'd like to print, repeat the above two steps: select the return, then select a print option.
- When you're done selecting returns to print, click Print Selected at the bottom of the window.
Once you click Print Selected, all the returns will be printed, either to paper or PDF depending on how you've configured the program. If you're printing to PDF, consider printing 10-15 at most at a time, as sending too many returns to your PDF program at once can overwhelm it.
Printing a single return
If you wish to print a single return to PDF without opening the return, be sure the printer configuration "Print from View Results using Adobe" is set to YES, otherwise the form(s) being printed will print to paper using the printer specified in your Printer Setup Menu.
To print all or part of a single return without opening it, from the Quick Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- View Returns
- Double-click the return you would like to print.
- A list of forms in the return will display. This is the same list as under the View Results menu within the return, and you have several options available to you:
- To print a single form, double-click it (or single click it and click Ok).
- To print customized group of selected forms, select Print Selected Forms/States from the list. You can choose exactly the federal forms or other documents to print, plus entire state returns. After selecting what you want to print, click Ok.
- To print a specific state form, select State Forms, then choose the state and form you would like to print.
- To print the entire return using one of the print options, select Print Return and select a print option from the list.
- When you're done printing, click either Ok or Cancel to return to the Quick Menu.
Each time you select something to print it will be printed, either to paper or PDF depending on how you've configured the program. Additionally, the selection window will remain open for you to choose other forms to print from the same return.
Printing from inside a tax return
To print from within a tax return in TaxSlayer Pro, open the return and from the Main Menu of the return select View Results. This menu behaves the same way as explained above.
Desktop: Printing a State Tax Return
Desktop: Troubleshooting Printing Problems