To check the status of an electronically filed state return, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Client Status
- Enter the client's Social Security Number or select Client List and choose the desired client
- Select the State Tab
- The State Transmissions Table will display the results for each state return that has been e-filed. The ELF Status Column will tell you if the state return has been Accepted or Rejected.
If the state return has been rejected, select the Acks tab. The State Acknowledgements Table will display the reject code(s) issued by the state. To determine why the return has been rejected select:
- State Rejects at the bottom of the window
- Enter the Reject Code in the box provided or select the state from the list provided (Select OK)
- Select Submit
- A description of the reject will display in the window. To correct the reject navigate to the state menu described in the reject description and edit the entry.