TaxSlayer Pro 2013 and prior E-file Utilities Menu
Select the links below to show/hide additional information:
Send Previous Transmission
If there was a problem sending your previous transmission, you can resend the entire transmission file by selecting 'Send Previous Transmission'.
Create Backup Transmission File
You can save the current transmission file by selecting 'Create Backup Transmission File'. Choose the location of where to save the transmission file and then click Save.
Recall Backup Transmission File
The transmission file can be recalled by selecting 'Recall Backup Transmission File'. Find the file and then click 'OK'. The transmission table will now display the returns that were backed up.
Send Backup Transmission to Another Office
This option gives you the opportunity to send a return to another tax office.
- Place a check to the left of each return that needs to be sent to the other office or click check all to send all returns
- Select 'Send Files'
- You will be prompted to enter a password used to secure the transmission
- Select 'Connect'
- When the transmission is complete, you will be prompted to select 'Exit'
- Ensure that the message displayed in the window indicates that the transmission was successful
- Select 'OK' to exit the 'Select E-File Clients to Backup' screen. (The return will be held on one of the TaxSlayer Pro transmission servers. The return will not be sent to the IRS.)
Recall Backup Transmission from Another Office
Use this option to receive returns sent from another tax office.
- You will be asked to enter the EFIN of the sending office and the password used to send the transmission
- Select 'Connect'
- When the transmission has been received, you will see a message stating the file was unzipped and be prompted to select 'Exit'
- A window will appear listing the transmission and prompting you to select 'OK'
- The returns will be extracted and a message indicating that the clients were added successfully will be displayed
- Select 'OK'
Electronic Ack Rehang Request
If you need TaxSlayer Pro to re-hang any of your acknowledgements, select the Electronic Ack Re-hang Request menu. Choose which Acks you would like to have re-issued. You can request IRS and State Acks, Bank Funding, Bank Fee Deposits, and Bank Checks Cleared acks. The program will ask if this is for a particular return and then ask you to enter a date range of acks to be re-issued.