Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system from Microsoft. TaxSlayer Pro has tested and used TaxSlayer Pro with Windows 10. So far, the results are good. We have found no obstacles to running TaxSlayer Pro with Windows 10.
If you choose to upgrade to Windows 10, there are a few items that you need to check before (and after) upgrading.
- Make a backup of all your business data BEFORE beginning the upgrade.
- Backup your TaxSlayer Pro data and program using the Program Backup Utility in the Utilities Menu.
- Backup the data for any other programs you use in your business.
- Take this opportunity to clean up your computer before upgrading to Windows 10.
- Uninstall all programs that you are not using. Check the list of programs in the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel.
- Run the Disk Cleanup tool to remove all temporary files.
- Check to make sure that all your programs will run under Windows 10. Check with the publisher of the programs.
- Make sure that all your hardware (Printers, scanners, etc.) is supported in Windows 10. Some older printers and scanners may not be supported and will need to be replaced. Check with the manufacturer for details.
- Test each peripheral
- Test your printer
- Test your scanner
- Test all other hardware
- Test each program
As always, we suggest you consult a local tech if you feel uncomfortable performing these tasks.