If you want to offer a default discount on the total amount due or a percentage of the total amount due on every return that is prepared, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Fees / Billing Setup
- Advanced Fee Setup
- Select either Default Discount Percent or Default Discount Amount - The discount amount that you enter will be applied to each tax return that is prepared.
If you want to offer a discount on a per return basis, from the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- Exit - This will take you to the Receipt Menu.
- Select View / Edit Invoice
- Select Lock Fees On Invoice and answer NO - This will give you access to the option Generate Client Discount.
- Select Generate Client Discount and you will be asked Do You Wish To Give A Discount? - Select YES.
- Enter the Discount Percentage or Discount Dollar Amount that you would applied to the return.