To view minimum and recommended system requirements, click here.
TaxSlayer Pro has been tested on and is supported to run on the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10 with the latest updates
- Windows 8.1 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends January 10, 2023)
- Windows Server 2019 with the latest updates
- Windows Server 2016 with the latest updates
- Windows Server 2012 with the latest updates (Microsoft extended support ends October 10, 2023)
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported to run on:
- Apple MacOS (can run in a Windows 10 Bootcamp partition)
- Windows 8 (Microsoft extended support ended January 12, 2016)
- Windows 7 (Microsoft extended support ended January 14, 2020)
- Windows XP (Microsoft extended support ended April 8, 2014))
- Windows 2000
- Windows Vista
- Windows 95, 98, CE, ME, NT
- Windows Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Mobile Operating Systems
- Windows 10S
- Windows 10 Lean
Windows 10S and Windows 10 Lean are limited to running only applications available through the Microsoft Store.
CAUTION: TaxSlayer Pro should not be installed on any computer with an operating system listed in the "is not supported" list above. Microsoft has ended all support for their operating systems in this list, and therefore the security requirements and/or programming languages used to develop TaxSlayer Pro are no longer compatible with these versions of Windows.
TaxSlayer Pro is not supported when running in a virtual machine.