TaxSlayer Pro Premium offers the ability to email an encrypted, password-protected PDF copy your client's tax return to your client using Paper Cut.
To make the process easier, be sure you have included the taxpayer's e-mail address in the Personal Information in the return.
Additional Step for TaxSlayer Pro 2018 and Prior
TaxSlayer Pro 2018 and prior required each return to have the return's "media type" set. To check or set that, do the following steps:
- Open the return
- Exit the return to the Receipt Menu.
- Ensure Client's Media Type is set to E-Mail.
- Exit the Receipt Menu. You will be asked Do You Wish to Print the Return to PDF? Select YES. When the PDF opens on-screen, close it.
To e-mail a tax return from Paper Cut, from any menu in TaxSlayer Pro:
- Select the Paper Cut Icon at the top of the screen
- Select E-Mail then Compose - Double-click the client you would like to email.
- To: This e-mail address will automatically populate based on the email entered in the client's tax return. You can change it if you'd like.
- From: The e-mail address entered in the Premium Configuration Menu. You can change it if you'd like.
- File Attachment - Click the dropdown menu and choose the file you want to send. Two attachments can be added. Return filenames include the date and time printed.
- ZIP File Name: Paper Cut automatically assigns the filename as 20XX Tax Information, where XX is the two-digit year. You can change this if you'd like.
- Encryption Password - Assign a password to encrypt the file being sent. The password must contain at least 8 characters and must contain at least one of each of these: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a digit, and these four special characters: !@%$ .
- Subject: Change if desired
- Message: The message text may be edited if desired.
When you are ready to email the file, select Send. If you are sending PaperCut e-mails through TaxSlayer Pro, the e-mail will be transmitted through our secure servers and then sent to the client. Note that because this e-mail comes from us, your client will NOT be able to reply back to you.