TaxSlayer Pro Premium offers the ability to email an encrypted, password-protected PDF copy your client's tax return to your client using Paper Cut.
Be sure you have included the taxpayer's e-mail address in the Personal Information in the return, otherwise they won't show up in the Paper Cut e-mail section.
E-mailing a tax return in Paper Cut
To e-mail a tax return from Paper Cut, from any menu in TaxSlayer Pro:
- Select the Paper Cut Icon at the top of the screen
- Select E-Mail then Compose - Double-click the client you would like to email.
- To: This e-mail address will automatically populate based on the email entered in the client's tax return. You can change it if you'd like.
- From: The e-mail address entered in the Premium Configuration Menu. You can change it if you'd like.
- File Attachment - Click the dropdown menu and choose the file you want to send. Two attachments can be added. Return filenames include the date and time printed.
- ZIP File Name: Paper Cut automatically assigns the filename as 20XX Tax Information, where XX is the two-digit year. You can change this if you'd like.
- Encryption Password - Assign a password to encrypt the file being sent. The password must contain at least 8 characters and must contain at least one of each of these: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a digit, and these four special characters: !@%$ .
- Subject: Change if desired
- Message: The message text may be edited if desired.
When you are ready to email the file, select Send. If you are sending PaperCut e-mails through TaxSlayer Pro, the e-mail will be transmitted through our secure servers and then sent to the client.
Note that because this e-mail comes from us, your client will not be able to reply back to you. If you'd like the e-mail to come from you, consider using SMTP as the e-mail method. See our KB article below for more information.