A Client Organizer, or Pro Forma is a print out that allows preparers to gather tax data from their clients on a form that is easy for their clients to understand and follow. The Pro Forma follows IRS schedules and breaks down each line using common terms. Clients will use these forms to help organize their information for their tax preparation. If you have prepared a taxpayer's return in a previous year, information can be pulled from their prior year return so they may compare amounts and record any changes. These forms can be mailed to your clients before their visit to your office, or used internally for year-end planning, input sheets, etc. This will save you and the client time when they come to your office to have their tax return prepared. It will also help your client with some preliminary planning before the preparation of the tax return.
To print an Organizer for your client(s), from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Print Organizer
- Print Blank Organizer - The blank organizer (17-page organizer) is designed to be given to taxpayers who have no prior year data produced by the software.
- Print Organizer for Selected Clients - Allows you to select certain clients to print from the list.
- Print Organizer for Clients Marked to Print - Allows you to print organizers for clients that have been marked to print in 1. Personal Information. Returns that have 'Yes' selected for Print organizer for client next year will have an organizer print with this selection.
- Print Organizer for All Clients
- Complete Organizer with Tax Year Data:17-page organizer
- Organizer with only Tax Year Forms: amount of pages printed depends on the information included in the prior year return.
- Basic Organizer with Tax Year Data: 4-page organizer
- Basic Informaition Page with Tax Year Data
For each print option selected above there are four types of organizers that can be printed. If you encounter any problems pulling in last year's client data you may need to adjust your configuration settings.
Prior Year Configuration
From the main menu:
- Configuration>Path Menu
- Ensure the option for Prior Path is pointing to the hard drive on your computer that contains last year's program data.
Note: xx or 20xx represent the year, i.e. 18 for 2018